(This is such a long overdue post. It's how long I've not touched my home computer, heh)
powered by ODEO
Vocals: Jeremy Yew/Betty Chen
Piano: Lim Hui Leng
(Presented at Songcraft 5, 21 Septmeber 2007)
Fly
Music & Lyrics: Lim Hui Leng & Betty Chen
I want to fly
To fly into the sky
With you right by my side
To where it’s full of joy, of hope and love –
A place that’s so divine
I want to fly
To fly up to the sky
Into the heavens above
Join the angels singing praises to our Father above
Come with me
Come hold my hand
For I’ll give you wings and we’ll take flight
Towards the sun that glows with warmth to welcome us into its light
Don’t fear
For it’s clear
That we’re meant to bask in His delight
He’s blessed us with His Son
Giving us new life
Saved as His Children all alike
I want to fly
To fly into the sky
Together we’ll take flight
With our hearts as one
Striving towards the battle to be won
We will soar high
I know I’m doing right
For you are right here by my side
Together we will fly
On a journey up to far greater heights
*
Hui Leng presented the music in July at Songcraft.
This time, she was more specific in her "request" for lyrics:
duet - given the wide range of notes,
inspirational - she's titled her song, "Fly",
Christian - her personal desire.
I liked the tune. Immediately upon hearing it, I had the first line "I want to fly" well-fitted into the melody.
Begun work in the days after session, brainstorming on words that suit the theme of flying (metaphorically), being not afraid and crossing boundaries, God, two people etc.
When we met on 19 August [to watch The King and I musical], I was ready to present my lyrics.
**
Here, I sideline a bit...
It's indeed an exciting feeling when one presents one's portion of the "workload" to the other. As I started singing my lyrics to Hui Leng, my heart was beating so fast.
What would she think of it? Would she like it? I hope my lyrics bring the feel out!
And this excitement would turn into jubilation when the other, transfixed, gives the triumphant nod -
A successful collaboration!
Heh, I wonder if those pairs of Musicians & Lyricists feel the same way too.
**
I didn't intentionally write a duet - writing lyrics specifically for the male and female (as I did for But Not Before We Say Goodnight), but thankfully they all fell into place which makes it relatively easy for me to assign the voices.
I'm happy to be able to write for this lovely tune and able to praise the Lord too.
Once again, another collaboration with dear Hui Leng!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Fly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment