Sunday, July 13, 2008

Benny Oh Benny

The best gift to anyone is... a self-composed song.
This I affirmed after seeing the priceless and touched expression of a recipient, the lead character of a song I penned as a farewell gift.


Benny Oh Benny

[Chorus]
Benny oh Benny, it's time to say goodbye
Benny oh Benny, we wish you all the luck
Benny oh Benny, he's a jolly nice guy
Benny oh Benny, we'll miss you very much

From the very first day he's already here
Teaching and guiding us
Although a little cute for a manager
He suits us very well!

The Abercrombie shirts, red checkered tablecloth
Pointy shoes and buffered nails
The funky haircuts that make us laugh
And who can resist his little bum

[Chorus]

Benny oh Benny, we'll miss you very much




I did a recording a week before, to send to a few colleagues for them to learn up...




The day after my manager announced his resignation, I was awashed with emotions. Just before I entered Snoozeland at night, inspiration hit and I quickly penned down the words that came to me... Words I wanna say to my manager, words to say, "thanks for everything", words that describe him.

The Music & Lyrics for Chorus came easily - the same night, however the melody for the verse was only established 2 weeks before The Day.

Fitting a melody line to wordy lyrics isn't that simple; moreover as this song is to be sung by more people who may or may not know Music well, a catchy tune was a priority.
Ooh, the satisfaction when the song was completed!
Added in the music arrangement and voila, we're ready to present it ;D

**

Since this song is going to be presented live and it is of a descriptive nature, I thought of the props to accompany the song and with the great help of the teammates we had a printout of an Abercrombie shirt and red checkered tablecloth, cutouts of pointy shoes, hands with "buffered nails" - hot pink glitter, from construction paper, haha.

Watch out for them in the video below!
All this was met with positive (and tickled) reception by everyone present :)
*happy*




Best gift for someone is a self-composed song... yes? ;)




* original title, "Bye Bye, Benny!" discarded as I reckoned this present one is more appropriate

# recorded as "horrid" initially, I decided to change it to the less critical "funky" in the end, heh

No comments: