I finally got down to recording my singing.
I Will Sing of Thy Great Mercies (St Paul) - Felix Mendelssohn
This is the very first Classical piece my teacher gave me about 2 months ago.
I was rather excited when I first tried it as the introductory recitative part reminds me of that in an opera where singers use the technique of Sprechstimme.
Still a few throaty lapses here n there in this piece :/
This is my favouritest hymn, Be Thou My Vision, sung in Mandarin then English.
I sung it to my teacher just yesterday. She was mightily pleased with it :)
Still have alot to work on to achieve purrfection. I wanna sing more pieces!
I already have a list of songs (mostly Broadway) that I want to sing... hope to be able to sing them well one day and do a recording with an accompanist playing LIVE.
*nudges* j*piggie
Feedback welcome and valued!
2 comments:
Wow, your singing voice sounds quite different from your normal voice. Almost couldn't recognise the voice I was hearing.
Did you reach a high F in the first piece?!? That's really high! I'm impressed. Didn't know you could reach so high.
Anyway, good effort. I think your singing voice is improving tremendously. I'm really looking forward to hearing you sing some Broadway pieces...like Rodgers & Hammerstein (hint hint!).
Hurhur so, u could incorporate some high notes in ur future compositions huh ;p
Thank u v much for the compliments!
YupZ, R&H pieces definitely!
Post a Comment